Photo Credit: Getty Images
"The soul has an absolute, unforgiving need for regular excursions into enchantment. It requires them like the body needs food and the mind needsthought."
--Thomas Moore, 1996
Allow yourself some private time each day, even if it is only a half hour.
- Take a long walk.
- Buy a bouquet of flowers for yourself.
- Begin to develop an intimate circle of friends and family.
- Turn off the phone, and allow your answering machine to pick up your calls.
- Put on your favorite music, turn it up loud, and dance.
- Call your best friend, and settle in with a hot cup of tea, for a good longtalk.
- Snuggle up in bed with a good book.
- Sink into your tub for a long, luxurious soak at the end of the day.
- Indulge in getting (or giving) a massage.
- Snack on your favorite "comfort food".
- Remember how you felt when you fell in love with your partner, and allowyourself to recreate that feeling.
- Write a love letter (to your partner, children, parents, friends...)
- Treat yourself to a manicure and a pedicure.
- Rent a great video.
- Start a gratitude journal, and express your thanks on a daily basis.
- Go to the beach. Delight and bask in the warming rays of the sun.
- Visit your favorite bookstore (the one with comfortable chairs and a coffeeshop) and spend the afternoon.