3. Put on the clean diaper. If you're using cloth diapers, they're probably prefolded and ready to use, but you may need to fold them further until your baby gets bigger. (The extra fabric goes in the front for boys and the back for girls.) Slide the diaper under your baby so his waist aligns with the top edge.
4. Bring the front up between his legs, and hold it in place while you fold the sides in toward the center and fasten, by using either a Velcro diaper cover or a diaper pin.
5. Then, if you're not using a diaper cover, put a pair of waterproof pants over the diaper. Waterproof pants should fit snugly -- but not so snugly that they irritate your baby's skin.
6. If you're using disposable diapers: lay the diaper flat, with the tabs at the back. Slide the diaper under your baby so that the top aligns with his waist. Bring the front up between his legs and tuck it around his stomach. Unpeel the tabs, pull them firmly over the front flap and fasten the diaper. (Be sure not to fasten the tape to your baby's skin.) The diaper should fit snugly, but it shouldn't be tight.
7. When you're finished, undo the changing table straps and gently pick up your baby.