Nick Nolte's Home Severely Damaged in Fire

Nick Nolte's home life literally went up in flames yesterday, as his Malibu house caught fire due to an electrical malfunction. The actor tried to fight the blaze by himself, with a garden hose, before the fire department arrived.

"Mr. Nolte was treated on the scene by LA Country Fire paramedics for minor smoke inhalation and abrasions to his right forearm," LA Country Fire Department rep Frank Garrido told UsMagazine.com. "He was released, and will be under the supervision of his own physician."

As for his home, well, it didn't fare as well as he did. It's estimated that the residence suffered about $1.5 million in structural damage, and $1.5 million of his personal possessions were destroyed.

"The fire had spread to the living room and kitchen area," one of the firefighters said. "There is smoke damage throughout the entire residence."

Not a good day in the life of Nick, but at least he's going to be okay

"Mr. Nolte is grateful to the Malibu Fire Department, and Sheriff's Department, for their quick response and assistance," a rep for the actor said in a statement.

Like this? Want more?
preview
FILED UNDER:
Connect with Us
Follow Our Pins

Yummy recipes, DIY projects, home decor, fashion and more curated by iVillage staffers.

Follow Our Tweets

The very dirty truth about fashion internships... DUN DUN @srslytheshow http://t.co/wfewf

On Instagram

Behind-the-scenes pics from iVillage.

Best of the Web