Photo Credit: Bauer Griffin
All things considered, most of Wednesday night's two-hour Octomom Special on Fox with "never-before-seen footage!" wasn't that surprising. I mean, we knew she was a little, eh, quirky, going into this, right?
But there were moments when Nadya Suleman managed to be revealing, shocking and even funny (in the not-on-purpose sort of way).
Here's our roundup of 8 quotes that made us rewind the DVR just to hear them again.
1. “I never, ever in my wildest imagination thought more than one [baby] would have grown.”
Even with standard IVF, with a maximum of four embryos transferred, 25 percent of cases result in twins. She transferred six (two of which split), greatly increasing those odds. Yet, she still claims she had no idea it could result in multiples. We'd have to assume her doctor didn't inform her of the real risks.
2. “I was thrust into this without my awareness and without my willingness. I have no choice but to do what I can to support the kids.”
Did someone force her to go through yet another round of fertility treatments when she already had six kids at home?
3. “I don't apologize for having all my children, and I never will. I'm very fortunate.”
That's all fine - until she goes on to say...
4. "I screwed up my life. I screwed up my kids' lives. I have to put on this strong facade and pretend like I don't regret it."
So, she admits it. She's somewhat more relatable in the rare moments when she's being honest.
5. "I like to be really private. I don't like the spotlight."
This comes from a woman who said she'd consider doing a reality show, arranged to have the birth of her octuplets videotaped, trademarked the name "Octomom," and agreed to do a two-hour interview with Fox.
6. "I hear her body rolling around from one side to the other in the trunk. It was so funny!"
This was part of a story she told about locking her mom in the trunk of her car when she was 17, and then recklessly driving home...which she found hilarious.
7. "I have chosen a life of celibacy for my kids. [Sex] is like a food that you've eaten, that you've gone so many years without eating. You don't remember what it tastes like, smells like. You don't crave it."
Someone please tell Nadya that if you don't eat, you eventually starve to death!
8. "I've never had plastic surgery."
Really? Really? That Angelina-face is natural?