In my gig at The Magazine, from time to time I have had to ask famous people what they were reading. They invariably come up with these intellectual-sounding serious tomes. So, here’s a sampling of what I (a real person) really read this week:
• "The National Enquirer" (headlines only, in the supermarket check-out line)
• An Advil bottle (with magnifying glass)
• "In Touch Magazine" (in the nail salon; "War & Peace" would’ve ruined the manicure)
• "Nineteen Minutes" by Jodi Picoult (couldn’t put it down)
• An e-mail from an offspring asking for money
So what are you reading these days?