Photo Credit: Luca Trovato/FoodPix/Getty Images
We've gathered our best Thanksgiving recipes for a meal you'll never forget. Mix and match our top recipes for turkey, side dishes, pies, desserts, and more to create the ultimate Thanksgiving dinner.
Appetizers can buy you some time if you're a bit behind schedule — and if they're good, no one will mind waiting. Many of these recipes can easily be made ahead so they'll be ready to serve well before family members start snooping around the kitchen for snacks.
- Marinated Olives
- Cheesy Spinach Squares
- Stuffed Filo Tartlets
- Cheese Straws
- Mushroom Bruschetta
- Devilled Eggs
- Artichoke and Scallion Dip
- Cheese Puffs
- Chicken Liver Pate
- Stuffed Mushrooms
Thanksgiving is the time of year we go all out, so why not start the meal off with a first course of soup? These seasonal recipes work well for sit-down meals or can be served buffet-style from a big bowl or tureen.
- Roasted Brussels Sprout Soup with Hazelnut Pesto
- Apple-Squash Soup
- Mushroom Soup
- Winter Vegetable Soup
- Carrot Soup
The bird is usually the main event at Thanksgiving and we've got several recipes to make sure it comes out perfectly moist and tender.
- Roast Organic Turkey
- Roast Turkey with Spiked Gravy
- 45-Minute Roast Turkey
- Brined Roast Turkey with Sage Butter Rub
The age-old question is: Does the stuffing belong inside or outside the turkey? For novice cooks, we recommend baking outside the bird; it's easier and safer. There are endless ways you can put your own spin on stuffing; here are a few of our favorite recipes.
- Chestnut and Pancetta Stuffing
- Corn Bread Stuffing
- Whole Grain Stuffing with Dried Fruit and Pecans
- Sausage, Sage and Mushroom Stuffing
- Sausage and Apple Dressing
Many families feel that Thanksgiving isn't complete without some form of potato, whether regular or sweet, on the table. Go beyond plain old mashed potatoes with these creative recipes.
- Mustard Mashed Potatoes
- Smashed Potatoes and Celery Root with Sour Cream
- Sweet Potato Puree with Horseradish
- Untraditional Mashed Potatoes
- Potato Gratin
- Maple-Glazed Grilled Sweet Potatoes
More Side Dishes
Round out your Thanksgiving dinner with a few vegetable side dishes. The more the merrier!
- Warm Green Bean Salad
- Late Harvest Corn Pudding
- Green Beans with Caramelized Red Onion and Mushroom Topping
- Honey Soy Ginger Glazed Carrots
- Marinated Butternut Squash
- Roasted Acorn Squash
- Roast Squash with Ginger
- Twice-Baked Acorn Squash
- Creamed Spinach with Pine Nuts
- Glazed Carrots with Thyme
- Mixed Root Vegetable Gratin
- Cauliflower Gratin
- Glazed Shallots with Red Wine
- Citrusy Brussels Sprouts
Don't resort to the canned stuff this year! Kick up this underrated side dish with one of our bright and tangy recipes.
- Cranberry Sauce with Grapefruit and Pecans
- Cranberry-Orange Relish with Ginger
- Southern Cranberry Sauce with Pecans, Dried Apricots and Bourbon
- Cranberry Sauce
- Brown Sugar Cranberry Relish
- Maple, Orange and Chile Cranberry Relish
In most families, when it comes to Thanksgiving, there is pie and there is everything else. Here are a few recipes beyond the classic apple and pumpkin.
- Linda Lewis's Pumpkin-Coconut Pie
- Pecan and Maple Tart
- Apple and Raisin Sour Cream Pie with Crumb Topping
- Apple Mince Walnut Pie
- Bourbon Pecan Pie
- Apple and Pear Galette
- Frozen Pumpkin Mousse Pie
- Riesling Baked Pears
- Chocolate-Crusted Creamy Caramel Cheesecake
- Apple Pie Cake
- Pear and Chocolate Cake
- German Apple Cake
- Pumpkin Creme Brulee
- Apple-Ginger Crisp
- Pear Gratin
- Pumpkin Cheesecake with Marshmallow Topping
Planning a small, intimate gathering of just two or four? Check out our Thanksgiving Dinner Ideas for Four or just Two!