Photo Credit: Eric Jamison/WireImage
When Paris Hilton was arrested for cocaine possession on Friday, she claimed that the purse containing the cocaine didn't belong to her (despite applying chapstick that came from the same purse just moments before). But that's not her only excuse! According to MTV News, Hilton actually has three other explanations for how she got caught with cocaine:
1. She loaned the purse to a friend. The heiress allegedly backpedaled on the story that the bag wasn't hers, saying she actually lent it to a friend who "probably" left the drugs inside. (The socialite admitted that other contents of the purse were hers, including rolling papers, the prescription drug Albuterol, credit cards and $1300 in cash.)
2. She thought the cocaine was gum. When questioned by the police, Hilton said she "had not seen" the illegal drug, but "now throught it was gum."
3. She was set up. Hilton allegedly told her friends that the cocaine had been planted on her. "Everyone knows how against cocaine I am," she reportedly said.
Like Lindsay Lohan before her, Hilton seems entirely unconcerned with the potential consequences of her crime. You'd think that Hilton, having already been to jail once (for violating her probation after a DUI and reckless driving), would know better. But somehow, she still seems to believe that she's above the law. And why shouldn't she think so? Jail time aside, Hilton seems to have a knack for getting in trouble, then immediately getting out of it.
Here's the thing: felony cocaine possession is a pretty serious offense. Hilton could get off with a $5000 fine and probation, but she could also be sentenced to up to four years in prison -- and her status as a repeat offender would seem to make this more likely. Then again, Paris Hilton has bought herself a very good lawyer, who's already working to get the case thrown out entirely. We don't know if Hilton will stand trial -- but we do think she needs to start cleaning up her act. Sooner or later, she's gonna run out of excuses.
Should Paris Hilton go to jail? Chime in below!
Like This? Read These:
- Paris Hilton's Wild Weekend: From the Hair Salon to the Jail Cell
- Paris Hilton Arrested in Vegas on Cocaine Charges
- Breaking News! Paris Hilton Twitters About Attempted Break-In