In what was probably the most-viewed show since the season finale of American Idol, Larry King's hour-long interview with Paris Hilton left me with several take-aways. First of all, props to Larry for actually keeping the conversation going for a whole 60 minutes. It looked a little rough at times. Let's take a look at the top 20 things you need to about what the recently released heiress had to say -- from her time behind bars, her biggest flaw and more.
1. Is great at dodging questions
2. Is still pissed at the judge who sent her to jail
3. Sticking by that story that she thought her license was NOT suspended
4. Thinks Britney Spears is a great mom
5. Claims she doesn't have any friends in rehab
6. Honestly thinks 3.5 weeks is a really long time to spend in the slammer
7. Was strip-searched
8. Knows the word "audacity"
9. Loves creative writing and reading – who knew?!?
10. Is an Aquarius, which means she's a "social person"
11. Has had ADD since she was 12 and takes Adderol
12. Says she's never taken drugs
13. Has NEVER been drunk
14. Is a spiritual person
15. Can't name her favorite Bible passage
16. Thinks her biggest flaw is that her voice gets high when she's nervous
17. Wants to get married and start a family within a few years (anyone else find that terrifying?)
18. Has great stylists who made her wear more clothing than we've ever seen her in
19. Hated the bologne sandwiches in jail, calling them "mystery meat"
20. Still believes her sentence was unfair
Keep reading for my absolute FAVORITE segment in the interview!
We can debate all day and night about Paris's sincerity, her claim that she's a changed woman and why were PR people didn't prep her for that favorite Bible passage question, but this by far was the best comment to come out of her mouth:
Larry: Do you have a drinking problem?
Paris: No, not at all
Larry: So, you were just this one drink – this one time?
Paris: I'm just, I'm not a big drinker. I'm not really into it. I think socially it's something people do when they go out, but it's not something I really care about.
Larry: Have you ever been addicted to drugs?
Larry: Taken drugs?
Is anyone else rolling on the floor laughing about that?
So, while I thought the interview was much too long and too soft, I thoroughly enjoyed the post-mortem on Anderson Cooper 360 that followed the show. It was like an E! True Hollywood Story but with AC's snarky comments about how ridiculous he thinks Paris is. Luckily, his clear distaste for her was balanced by the other panelists (including People's Jess Cagle) more positive/optimistic view about the heiress.
I think Larry said it best when he said he'd love to sit down again with Paris in six months. I'd love to see that!
Did you watch Paris's interview on Larry King Live? Do you think she seemed sincere? What did you think about her matronly attire? Is she really a changed person? Did the interview make you like her more or less? Did anything she had to say surprise you? Was the interview worth doing? Weigh in!