Photo Credit: Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department/Getty Images
After two recent incidents of being allegedly caught with marijuana, Paris Hilton finally got in trouble with the law this weekend -- for cocaine possession. As we reported on Saturday, the socialite, 29, was arrested in Las Vegas when police pulled her over and found a suspicious white powder in her purse. As it turns out, Hilton, who is currently out on bail, had a pretty eventful Friday -- even without the arrest! Here's what went down:
- Friday evening, Hilton visited the COLOR salon in Las Vegas, where she got a dye job, as well as the elaborately braided 'do she sports in her mug shot.
- Later that night, Paris did some press at Caesar's Palace, even opening up to reporters about the break-in at her house last week. She then took a car back to the home of boyfriend Cy Waits (the guy who supposedly held off the burglar at gunpoint).
- Hilton declined the offer of a free Caesar's Palace limousine for the night, saying "No, my boyfriend will be driving us" -- a statement she would soon regret. The pair cancelled their restaurant reservation and headed out to XS Nightclub at Encore.
- Following "the vapor trail and the odor of marijuana" coming from Waits' car, police pulled Paris over. According to one of the officers, "Miss Hilton pulled out a tube of lip balm" and "cocaine in a plastic bag came out of her purse." Lesson: there is a right and wrong time to moisturize your lips. When you're being pulled over by the police, that is the wrong time.
- After being taken to jail and charged with felony drug possession (her) and driving under the influence (him), Hilton and Waits posted bail and were released. Waits left his jail cell to discover that he had been fired from his job at the Las Vegas nightclub chain where he and Hilton had been partying.
- Mere hours after her release, Hilton Twittered that she was watching Family Guy in bed. "Stewie is my favorite," she gushed. An hour later, she wrote that she was going to bed and wished her fans "sweet dreams."
So what now? Hilton has big-shot Vegas lawyer David Chesnoff, who is telling people "not to rush to judgement." And it looks like she'll be using the patented Lindsay Lohan defense: Hilton is already claiming that the purse containing the cocaine didn't belong to her.
Do you think Paris Hilton will go to jail this time? Chime in below!