Photo Credit: Fox
After 13 seasons and over 250 episodes, Fox’s King of the Hill went off the air on Sunday.
The Mike Judge animated series focused on the lives of the Hill family in Arlen, Texas.
Even if you weren’t a fan of the show, you probably know the name Peggy Hill. She was the mother on the show and wife of Hank Hill and had the uncanny resemblance to ex-Alaska governor Sarah Palin.
It got us wondering where she would rank on our list of Top Television Cartoon Mothers.
5. Wilma Flinstone/Betty Rubble – These neighbors and best friends were one of the first cartoon mothers on television during The Flintstones run between 1960-1966. Wilma and Betty had their hands full between Pebbles and Bamm-Bamm and his super strength when they weren’t preparing brontosaurus burgers for Fred and Barney.
4. Peggy Hill – The King of the Hill mother managed to juggle motherhood with her duties as a substitute teacher at Tom Landry Middle School and writing for the Arlen Bystander. Plus, who doesn’t like her Texas accent?
3. Jane Jetson – The fashion forward out-of-this-world mom was the mother of Elroy and Judy and married to the lovable George Jetson. While her kids might have thought she wasn’t hip, Jane is the coolest mom on our list.
2. Lois Griffin – We can’t figure out why Stewie is so intent on killing Lois. It takes a special woman to deal with her husband, Peter Griffin, on a daily basis. Her flaws (gambling addiction, drugs, alcohol) make her character that much more likable.
1. Marge Simpson – Two words. Blue beehive. ‘Nuff said.