• The site must be an iVillage Member Website
• The Member Website needs to be about Pets in some way, either personal pets or a pet-related topic like rescue or safety or breeding or adoption, etc.
• To enter, just put "CONTEST ENTRY" in the subject header of your post and include the URL of your page. You can also ask folks to look over your page before you make an official entry.
Here are some hints to make your chances of winning even better!
• Make sure that your index page includes links to subsequent pages.
• Make sure all your links between pages work well and none are broken.
• If using pictures, make sure that the subject matter is identified and is related to that particular page's topic. (for example, "Here is my cat Mozart enjoying his favorite bedtime snack ... potato chips!")
• Try not to overuse pictures, or have too many on one page. That can significantly slow the download time.
• Graphics, borders, buttons, lines and animated images are all wonderful to use if they enhance your page and the topic. Think of it as interior decorating for your online home.
• Ask around and look at others' Member Websites. Just as you would peruse the interior decorating books before building or remodling your home, try to take a look around at others' pages, too.
• Don't be afraid to ask! Many members are only too happy to share where they downloaded graphics and other neat stuff to their sites.
• A guestbook for viewers to sign and a view counter are nice features to add.