Photo Credit: getty images
Picnics are a great way to enjoy the warm weather. Try this menu to get you started.
- Ham and Muenster Cheese Sandwiches with Watercress and Honey Mustard
- Marinated Two Bean Salad with Corn
- Potato Salad with Cucumber and Dill
- Fresh Peaches & Grapes
Enjoy the picnic!
Ham and Muenster Cheese Sandwiches with Watercress and Honey Mustard
- 16 thin slices of smoked Virginia ham
- 4 slices Muenster cheese
- honey mustard
- 4 croissants, sliced through center
Spread honey mustard on both sides of the sliced croissant and layer ham, cheese and sprigs of watercress on bottom slice of bread. Cover sandwich ingredients with the top portion of croissant and slice through middle. Wrap sandwiches individually in plastic wrap or waxed paper and store in refrigerator until ready to pack picnic.
Marinated Two Bean Salad with Corn
- 1 pound green beans, blanched
- 2/3 cup chickpeas (7-3/4 ounce container, drained)
- 2/3 cup corn
- 1/3 cup diced red pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
In a bowl, combine green beans with corn, chickpeas and red pepper and toss with olive oil and vinegar. Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container until packing for the picnic.
Potato Salad with Cucumber and Dill
- 2 1/2 pounds red potatoes, cooked with skins
- 1/3 cup chopped scallions
- 1 medium cucumber, sliced lengthwise, seeded and then sliced across
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 4 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup chopped dill
- 1 tablespoon Dijon style mustard
In a bowl, combine potatoes, scallions, cucumbers and dill. In a separate small bowl, mix together olive oil, vinegar and mustard and then pour over potato mixture. Toss until salad is thoroughly mixed and store in a refrigerated airtight container until packing for the picnic.