Photo Credit: Gettty Images
• Non-toxic glue, scissors, pencil, ruler
• Cardboard, mat board, or foam core
• Fabric, colored tissue paper, onion paper, or rice paper
• Yarn, ribbons, pipe cleaners
• Cutout hearts, acorns, pine cones, dried flowers, shells
• Favorite picture or drawing
1. Cut two pieces of cardboard, mat board, or foam core the same size. Make them at least 2" longer and 2" wider than the picture.
2. Place the picture in the center of one of your pieces of cardboard, mat board, or foam core. Use a ruler to make sure the picture is centered.
3. Trace around the picture with a pencil. Make another rectangle inside the tracing. The inside rectangle should be 1/2" smaller than the picture on all sides.
4. Cut the center rectangle out of the piece of cardboard.
5. Cover the picture frame with fabric or decorative paper. Let the glue dry.
6. Create designs with the shells, fabrics, yarn, flowers, or objects.
7. Glue the objects onto the fabric or paper.
8. Write a Valentine's Day message on the frame.
9. Put the picture inside the frame.
10. Glue the whole rectangle to the back. Allow the glue to dry.
11. Give framed pictures, drawings, or photos as Valentines.