Photo Credit: Getty Images
Tips for treating swollen feet include:
- Elevate the feet as often as possible.
- Wear seamless socks that do not constrict circulation.
- When driving for a long period, take regular breaks to stretch the legs and promote circulation.
- Check with a doctor about an exercise program; walking is usually recommended.
- Eat a well-balanced diet and avoid foods high in salt that can cause fluid retention.
- If any pain persists, see a doctor.
One important step toward easing the pressure on swollen feet is to a visit a local pedorthist. Pedorthists specializes in fitting shoes and orthotics to alleviate foot problems. Periodic measuring is recommended because the feet may increase in size during the pregnancy. A local expert and dealers who provide foot products for pregnant women can be found through the Dealer Network at Foot.com.