Photo Credit: Getty Images
We asked iVillagers, "What's the weirdest, rudest or most oblivious thing anyone has said to you while you were pregnant?" Some of the responses were flat-out funny, and some were enough to turn your hair white -- read 'em and weep.
1. A woman at the pool said, "You must be having a girl -- they say that girl babies steal their mother's beauty."
2. When we announced our pregnancy, my father-in-law said, "It's about time, we were beginning to wonder if you needed a biology lesson!" We'd been trying for a year, and I'd been on fertility drugs for six months.
3. Last week the FedEx guy said, "After you, your load is bigger than mine."
4. A week before I gave birth to my first baby, these two snooty women walked up to me and asked me to my face, "Why aren't you wearing maternity clothes? Do you not believe in them?" And then they walked off laughing at me. I was wearing maternity clothes! They had just stopped fitting at that point!
5. This old lady at Target looked at me and shook her head. She said, "You young girls need to see there are other things to do in the winter, and you won't end up in your situation." I told her I was in my mid 20s and had been married for 3 years and that my "situation" was actually a blessing!
6. My sister-in-law told me today that if I go into labor on Christmas Eve, she will "just have to miss it" because she has to go to the mall for the sales.
7. My father-in-law said, "Real women don't need pain medication during labor." I replied, "Real men know when to keep their big mouths shut."
8. When I was getting out of the shower the other day, my hubby said I look like a pregnant orangutan! Then he said he didn't mean it in a bad way! How can you mean that in a good way?
9. On the morning of my 20-week ultrasound (which I was understandably anxious about), I told a woman at work that I was going later that day. She proceeded to tell me detail by detail about her miscarriage 17 years ago.
10. When I was dealing with morning sickness and fatigue, my coworker had the nerve to say, "I'm not sure I want to be seen with you the way you look." And last Friday, she told me some days she wonders if I've bothered to brush my hair, because it looks like I'm having sex in the parking lot before work!