What you need:
- 1 pt Powdered Borax
- 2 pt Cornmeal
- Covered cardboard box (shoe or stationery box)
- Fresh flowers
What to do:
- Thoroughly mix borax and cornmeal.
- Cover the bottom of the box with 3/4 of an inch of this mixture.
- Cut flower stems about one-inch long.
- Lay the flowers face down in this mixture.
- Spread the petals and leaves so that they lie as flat as possible. Do not place flowers too close together.
- Cover the flowers with 3/4 of an inch of the mixture.
- Place the lid on the box and keep at room temperature for three to four weeks.