- I Can't Believe It's Not Butter! Spray
- 1 1/2 cups whole-grain oat flour
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup fat-free artificially sweetened vanilla yogurt
- 3 large egg whites
- 1/2 cup granular sugar substitute such as Splenda No Calorie Sweetener, Granular
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped walnuts
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Mist the cups of a standard nonstick muffin pan with I Can't Believe It's Not Butter! spray. Set aside.
In the bowl of a food processor fitted with the metal blade, process the flour for about 1 minute until no coarse grains remain. In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Sift the mixture twice. Set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the yogurt and egg whites. With a sturdy whisk, beat until thoroughly blended. Add the sugar substitute and the pumpkin. Whisk to blend. Add the reserved flour mixture, stirring, until no flour is visible. Spoon the batter into the prepared cups until each cup is about two-thirds full. Sprinkle on the walnuts.
Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of one muffin comes out dry. Cool in the pan on a rack for 10 minutes. Transfer the muffins to the rack. Serve warm or cooled.
Makes 12 muffins
Per muffin: 72 calories, 3 g protein, 11 g carbohydrates, 2 g fat (trace saturated), trace cholesterol, 2 g fiber, 193 mg sodium
Store any leftover muffins in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or freezer for up to 1 month.
From The Biggest Loser Cookbook