Pasta gets high marks in so many categories, being quick to prepare, healthy and satisfying. Because it is so easy to make and so versatile in what it can be paired with, it is the perfect meal for busy working couples and families.
Rarely home before 7:30pm, I tend to favor pasta recipes that require little to no cooking aside from the pasta itself. In those cases, the heat of the cooked pasta is all that is needed to bring out the flavors of the fresh herbs and vegetables that play center stage.
These innovative recipes are great any time of year. They are perfectly suited to accommodate busy and demanding lifestyles—or leisurely summer days when you just don't feel like spending a lot of time in the kitchen.
Try one of these recipes tonight:
• Pasta with Ricotta Salata and Cherry Tomatoes
• Rigatoni with Hazelnut Pesto
• Tricolor Radiatore with Sun-Dried Tomatoes and Goat Cheese
• Tuna Millerighe Pasta Salad
Tips for preparing quick pasta dishes:
- Cook pasta in a large quantity of salted water, and stir while cooking.
- Pasta should not be overcooked.
- Drain pasta thoroughly.
- If you prepare the pasta in advance, toss it with olive oil and store in a airtight bag in the refrigerator. Vegetables that have already been cut up can also be stored in airtight bags.
- Use a good-quality olive oil.
More easy recipe ideas:
- More no-cook pasta sauces
- Easy no-cook ideas
- Discover cool summer dishes with the Recipe Finder.
- Stuck on dinner ideas? See What's for Dinner for quick and easy recipes.
WATCH: How to Cook Pasta