Photo Credit: VH1
In an extremely smart move by VH1, the network has canceled Megan Wants a Millionaire and I Love Money 3 -- both shows that featured alleged killer Ryan Jenkins.
Ryan was found dead of an apparent suicide Sunday in Canada, after he was charged with the murder of his wife, Jasmine Fiore, last week. The reality show contestant had apparently hung himself in a motel room.
The company that produces these shows said that they were not aware of Ryan's criminal past -- and another contestant concurs that they did do extensive background checks on everyone.
"We did give them lots of extensive background information," says the former contestant, who did not want to be identified. "They wanted to know my criminal history, social security numbers, multiple different times, and drivers' license numbers. They did a pretty thorough check on me and I've got to assume they did it for everybody else."
He says if producers did know that Ryan had a history of violence they would have never put him on the show.
Ryan's father told the Los Angeles Times yesterday that "the boy we knew was not capable of anything remotely close to this act."
"You talk to everyone here who knew him before he went down there and they'll talk about a wonderful young man, a thoughtful man," Dan Jenkins said.
Do you believe someone can just snap?