Photo Credit: Adam Bettcher/Getty Images
Rihanna is known for her steamy live performances -- but this weekend, her show literally got too hot to handle! On Friday night in Dallas, Texas, the pop diva was forced to end her concert early when a small fire broke out on stage. Watch the video below!
CBS Dallas reports that the blaze was started by the show's pyrotechnics (and not by Rihanna's skimpy outfits, as we might have guessed). Embers from one of the singer's light effects landed on a chair, setting it on fire. Catastrophe was averted, as crew members had the fire extinguished by the time firefighters arrived. But the blaze went on for long enough that a crowd of concertgoers panicked and clogged the exits -- and for those who stayed, the concert was cut short.
"I'd say about three minutes after they put out the fire, people were sitting around wondering if they were still going to move forward with the concert," one of over 12,000 attendees told the news. "Then finally they made the announcement that the concert was canceled."
Rihanna, who was performing the single "California Bed King" when the fire broke out, spoke to disappointed fans on her Twitter account. "DALLAS!!! We set the stage on FYAH tonight!!! LITERALLY!!!" joked the singer. "I'm so pissed, I was havin so much fun wit yall too!!! I gotta come back man!!"
Later on Twitter, she expressed relief that everyone was safe, and mentioned that she was "heading into a production meeting to find out exactly what happened."
Hopefully they can figure out how to fix the problem without robbing Rihanna of her fireworks! At the very least, they could cue the band to accompany any unexpected blazes with a performance of Rihanna's song "Fire Bomb" -- or perhaps a cover of "Hot Hot Hot"?