Photo Credit: Jason Merritt/Getty Images
Are things finally over between Rihanna and Chris Brown? On Tuesday, the "Diamonds" singer appeared to confirm her single status when she posted this quote on Instagram: "Being single sucks. The only thing I get to do anymore is whatever the f**k I want to." Seems pretty unambiguous -- but then again, who knows with those two?
Regardless of her relationship status, RiRi has never been shy about saying what's on her mind. Other than her recent (wonderfully sarcastic) tweet, most of her comments about the single life point to the fact that she actually does want to settle down. But that doesn't mean she's not going to let loose and live it up while she's unattached. (See: Exhibit A)
Here are our 5 favorite quotes from Rihanna about sex and the single pop star.
1. "My personal life is pretty much nonexistent, which is not good, not for the long run, not for me, not for 'her.'" -- pointing to her ladyparts, on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, November 2011
2. "I would love to go on a date...All I want is a guy to take me out and make me laugh for a good hour and take my a** back home. He doesn’t even have to come up. All I want is a conversation for an hour." -- Vogue, October 2012
3. "I feel like it's hard for everybody! I don't think it has anything to do with being famous. There's just a major drought out there." -- talking about finding the right man, in Elle, April 2012
4. "Single life is so overrated. It sucks." -- The Jonathan Ross Show, March 2012
5. "[It's been] like two years...Haven’t gone to the movies, to dinner. Zero. I have too many vaginas around me at this point." -- Vogue, October 2012
According to the rumor mill, Rihanna may have ended things with Brown after he met up with his ex-girlfriend Karrueche Tran in Paris on Dec. 7. A few days afterwards, the pop star tweeted, "Never underestimate a man's ability to make you feel guilty for his mistakes."
So, is she actually acknowledging that Brown is a jerk and she's better off without him? Only time will tell...