Stevanne Auerbach and her husband exchange loving gifts throughout the year, but it's special during the holidays. "We set up a massage table, light lots of candles, have warm oil on hand and give each other full massages in front of the fireplace. It's a gift that warms the heart, body and hearth," says the 65-year-old writer from San Francisco.
Relationship expert April Masini (AskApril.com) is on board with the massages but goes further. Much further. "Give him XXX-rated coupons," she suggests. And have each coupon list something sexy and fun like:
- 6 nights of oral sex
- 1 full body massage with benefits
- 1 half-hour-long foot massage
- 1 night of fantasy role-playing (as the characters of his or your choice)
- 1 weekday lunch hour with a quick room-service lunch before you both head back to the office
For extra credit, you can give field-trip coupons with goodies like:
- 1 trip to the local adult toy store
- 1 shopping trip to a lingerie store (he picks the purchases, and you try them all on)
- Then there are "lost weekend" coupons with which you can:
- Tell him to pack an overnight bag and kidnap him for an escape to a casino hotel in Vegas or Atlantic City
- These gifts may be so enjoyable that you'll want to extend the holidays. Christmas in July, anyone.