It's 6 a.m. Tuesday morning and I'm pale-faced and exhausted. How can I create a rosy glow in my cheeks -- one that looks natural?
I'll tell you the perfect way to create a natural glow, but first I'm going to ask you to do a visualization exercise. (Not only will this make you feel good, but if it works, you'll create a chart of where you blush on your face, so you'll know where to apply it.) The idea is to think healthy glow -- and create it.
- Take deep breaths, close your eyes, tilt your head upward and imagine yourself bathed in an invigorating natural light.
- Envision your skin becoming flushed as your cheek color rises.
- In effect you are allowing your natural color to radiate outwardly.
If you aren't radiating yet, blush is in order! Right now I love Delux Beauty's Flush Stick, which has an amazing, easy-to-apply gel-like consistency, and Shu Uemura Glow On Blush in Pink or Amber. To apply:
- Smile slightly so cheeks become prominent. This is where the sun would naturally "kiss" your cheeks, producing the flush of color you want to replicate.
- For "soft" (gel or cream) blush, use your finger or sponge in semi-circular fluid motions, placing blush on the front of the cheek, blending back. If you have applied too much blush, apply moisturizer or foundation with the same motion to diffuse the color.
- For powder blush, distribute color evenly onto a large, fluffy blush brush. Apply lightly to the skin in one direction. If the blush comes on too strong, dip a velour puff in neutral powder and apply it over the blush in the same direction.
Deborah's Recomended Products:
Shu Uemura Glow On blush in Pink and Amber
This sheer powder blush is available in frosted and matte shades.
Available: (888) 540-8181, Shu Uemura stores, Sephora.com
Delux Beauty Flush Stick
This easily blendable, gel-like oil-free blush gives cheeks a healthy, radiant, natural-looking glow.
Available: Sephora, Sephora.com