Secrets to a Long, Happy Life

(8 Photos)

David Freeman on Aug 17, 2009 at 11:40AM

chime in now
  • 1 of 8

Secrets to a Long, Happy Life

    Loading slides...

Family Ties

If long life spans run in your family, congrats: You, too, have a better chance of living to a ripe old age. Of course, there’s no guarantee—studies suggest that life span is only about 30 percent inheritable, according to Robert Butler, M.D., president and CEO of the International Longevity Center in New York City. The other 70 percent, he says, is determined by factors that lie within your control, like drinking in moderation and not smoking.

Connect with Us
Follow Our Pins

Yummy recipes, DIY projects, home decor, fashion and more curated by iVillage staffers.

Follow Our Tweets

The very dirty truth about fashion internships... DUN DUN @srslytheshow http://t.co/wfewf

On Instagram

Behind-the-scenes pics from iVillage.

Best of the Web