Name: Shanon Thomas
Home town: Sterling Heights
Occupation: Massage Therapist
Favorite cheat food: Thai food
Goal for 2009: Lose 100 pounds / Get back on a horse
Starting weight: 283
Elimination weight: 238
1. What was your big turning point-either during the show or before that made you realize you needed to lose the weight?
When they gave us our internal age and mine was 44!
2. What is one thing you wish you had known before going on The Biggest Loser?
How intense it was going to be, I mean it’s non stop all day everyday.
3. If you could have done one thing differently during the show, what would it be?
Hmm, hugged Bob more!!! No, I really tried my hardest everyday.
4. What was the hardest thing to adapt to while being on the ranch?
Living with 21 other people and my mom again, I mean besides the diet and exercise (lunges sucked for a long time…haha they still do!).
5. What's the most helpful thing your partner did or said to motivate you?
Just watching my mom really motivated me, seeing her do it meant I HAD to.
6. What is your favorite workout?
The spin bike… hands down, I spun my butt off!
7. What's your favorite healthy meal or snack?
Shrimp.. Also, Cathy (purple team) made this amazing baked cauliflower with Parmesan cheese. Yummy!
9. What do you think your weight-loss obstacles will be now that you're off the ranch and how do you plan to overcome them?
I think I’m addicted to exercise now, so definitely diet--just fighting the daily temptations..
10. What's the best advice Bob or Jillian has given you?
Bob told me If I want to lose weight, just keep moving, and it stuck with me. Now, I go and go and go!
11. What happens behind the scenes of the show that no one would know from watching it?
Well some nights we would get the radio out and just dance all together. Also, lots of nose picking went on when the camera wasn’t looking... haha.
12. What did you do for fun while you were on the ranch?
Mom and I loved to climb the ridge of the mountain. The view was beautiful up there.