Photo Credit: David McNew/Getty Images
UPDATE: Your iVillage Flash Poll results are in! After tallying your answers to the question "Should Lindsay Lohan Go to Jail?" we can report that 67 percent of voters think that Lohan needs to spend time in the slammer for probation violation. The other 33 percent are siding with the star (and her dad!), perhaps thinking that rehab will help Lohan more than jail. Keep chiming in below with your opinions, no matter which side you're on!
From court appearances to arrest warrants to DUIs, the past year for Lindsay Lohan has been anything but calm. And now the troubled starlet is facing jail time. After setting off her alcohol-monitoring SCRAM bracelet and failing to attend her court-mandated alcohol-education classes, Beverly Hills judge Marsha Revel is expected to rule Tuesday on whether Lohan violated the terms of her probation for her 2007 DUI. If convicted, the actress could face up to six months in jail.
For better or worse, Lindsay has one person on her side as she faces the judge: her estranged dad, Michael Lohan, who doesn't think his daughter should spend time behind bars. "I'll be there to support Lindsay," Michael tells the New York Daily News. "And if the judge wants to give her jail time, I'll say that's not what she needs." Instead, papa Lohan thinks what Lindsay really needs is rehab.
Which side are you on? Do you think some alone time in jail would help Lindsay? Here's what some iVillagers had to say:
"Poor Lindsay, she really needs help and support more than she thinks. I feel so bad for her. What happened to the sweet girl she used to be?"
"This girl needs help, before it is too late for her liver to function the way it should. I agree 1000% with her parents -- this girl needs help/rehab/jail/whatever will help her!"
"She needs real treatment at a rehab facility which will not give her special treatment because she's a celeb."
"Lindsay is a trainwreck diva who thinks she can get away with anything. I think jail would actually save her life."
"Just put her in jail already. Clearly the bracelets and probation aren't having an effect."