Affirmations That Can Help You
Read these to yourself each day:
- I am now ready and willing to look at my present situation with gratitude for an opportunity to learn something new about myself.
- I am willing to own all of who I am. I see a world in which I am totally loved for exactly who I am.
- I have always been a unique, powerful, and creative human being
--no one can take that from me.
- I am not 100 percent responsible for the end of my marriage
--only 50 percent at most. I am ready to forgive myself for this.
- I am a capable parent with a lot to offer my children.
- I am not a failure. Divorce is the failure of a marriage to survive.
- I will allow my divorce to transform me into someone bolder and stronger.
- I will see my situation today as an incomparable opportunity for growth.
- I have much to offer in my next relationship because I have taken the time to learn who I am.
After about six months of therapy, Jim told me: "My self-esteem began to get better when I was able to own my 50 percent of what caused the relationship to falter and then fail. I know now that I was only responsible for my half
--and I've begun to get 'real' about me. I know I can be a better person."