As much as I hate, hate, hate to admit it, I actually did tune in for the premiere of The Simple Life Goes to Camp last night. Honestly, I'm not a huge Simple Life fan, but with Paris headed to the big house and all, I thought I'd check it out. The beginning was fairly painful to say the least -- how staged could that apology between Paris and Nicole be? But once the campers arrived, I'll say it, I kind of got into the show. If you haven't been watching, the whole premise of this season is that Paris and Nic are counselors at camp for people trying to lose huge amounts of weight. Their big activity last night? Giving enemas -- I sh*t you not (pun intended).
And P.S. Nicole denies having an eating disorder -- again. I'll give her some credit, though. She actually answered questions about her out weight battles rather eloquently. Now there's a sentence I never thought I'd write...
What I found particularly relevant, however, were all of the parallels one could make between Camp Shawnee and the L.A. County Jail that Paris will soon be calling home. Check out my list and then add your own if you caught the premiere.
- The icky, stained mattresses at camp will make Paris feel right at home in her cell.
- The girls are outnumbered and outsized by the campers. I'm guessing Paris will feel the same way in jail.
- Paris tries to chic up her camp uniform -- maybe she can do the same to her prison garb.
- Colon therapy and petroleum jelly? 'Nuf said.
- When the campers arrived, Paris and Nicole went through their bags in search of forbidden junk food, etc. Sorry Paris, payback blows.
- The girls have to watch the campers go to the bathroom. I wonder how Paris will feel being on the other side of this one.
- Paris unsuccessfully tries to break open the padlock to a refridgerator. Let's just hope she doesn't try to break out of her cell!