Recipe by Executive Chef Todd English
- Cilantro Marinade:
- 2 roasted garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Grated zest of half a lemon
- 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds of skirt or flank steak
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
To make the cilantro marinade: Place the roasted garlic, mustard, cilantro, lemon zest, balsamic vinegar, and oil in a large shallow glass bowl and mash to a paste.
Place the steak in the marinade. Cover and refrigerate at least 8 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
Prepare the grill or preheat the broiler.
Remove the steak from the marinade, reserving the marinade. Sprinkle both sides of the steak with the salt and pepper. Grill or broil for about 5 minutes per side medium rare, basting occasionally with the reserved marinade.
Thinly slice on diagonal and serve.