Spices enhance the natural sweetness of foods and are an important part of the complex flavors of ethnic cuisines.
Ethnic cuisines high in flavor yet low in fat, calories and sodium offer the opportunity to explore new tastes. Turn everyday fare into international treats with these flavors from around the world:
- Mexican: cayenne pepper, chili powder, cilantro, cinnamon, cumin, garlic powder, jalapeno peppers
- Italian: anise, basil, crushed red pepper, fennel, garlic powder, oregano, rosemary, sage
- Chinese: Chinese 5-spice, crushed red pepper, garlic powder, ground ginger, sesame seed, white pepper, whole red chilis
- Thai: basil, cilantro, cinnamon, crushed red pepper, garlic powder, ground ginger, mint, turmeric, whole red chilis
- Greek: cinnamon, dill weed, garlic powder, mint, onion powder, oregano, paprika