Steven Tyler Injured in Bathroom Fall in Paraguay

The Aerosmith rocker receives emergency dental work after breaking two teeth in a "nasty fall" reportedly caused by food poisoning

Steven Tyler suffered some serious facial injuries after he took a nasty spill in his hotel room in Paraguay Tuesday. While visiting the South American country as part of Aerosmith's tour, the 63-year-old singer and American Idol host apparently got a bad case of food poisoning and collapsed in his hotel bathroom. Reuters reports that Tyler lost two teeth and had cuts on his face in the fall. He reportedly received emergency dental work and stitches soon after.

Aerosmith was forced to cancel the Tuesday night show in Paraguay because of Tyler's injury, but it has been rescheduled for Wednesday night.

"Steven Tyler suffered minor injuries as a result of food poisoning. He was taken to the hospital where he was treated and released," Tyler's manager, Eric Sherman, said in a statement to People. "Steven would like to sincerely apologize to his fans in Paraguay for the inconvenience and hopes to see them all (Wednesday) night."

According to a bellboy at the hotel, Tyler slipped while taking a shower and "had a nasty fall." Thankfully, it sounds like it wasn't as nasty a spill as the one Tyler took in 2009, when he fell off a stage while performing in South Dakota and had to be airlifted to the hospital.

Like this? Want more?
preview
FILED UNDER:
Connect with Us
Follow Our Pins

Yummy recipes, DIY projects, home decor, fashion and more curated by iVillage staffers.

Follow Our Tweets

The very dirty truth about fashion internships... DUN DUN @srslytheshow http://t.co/wfewf

On Instagram

Behind-the-scenes pics from iVillage.

Best of the Web