- 4 medium button mushrooms
- 1 1/2 tablespoons crumbled fat-free feta cheese (1/3 ounce)
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne, or to taste
- Ground black pepper, to taste
Preheat the oven to 425°F. Lightly mist a small baking dish with olive oil spray.
Remove the stems from the mushrooms by gently twisting the stem until it comes loose and pulls from the mushroom top. Mince the stems and place in a small mixing bowl. Place the caps in the prepared baking dish stemmed-side up.
Add the cheese, parsley, oil, and cayenne to the bowl. Stir to mix well. Spoon the mixture evenly into the reserved mushroom caps. Divide the remaining mixture evenly among the caps, mounding the filling on each.
Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until tender. Let the mushrooms stand to cool slightly before serving.
Makes 1 serving
Per serving: 48 calories, 4 g protein, 3 g carbohydrates, 3 g fat (trace saturated), 0 mg cholesterol, less than 1 g fiber, 157 mg sodium.
From The Biggest Loser Cookbook