To get you through those busy days, snacking is a must. In fact, it might be your best weapon against weight gain. Not only will it allow you to avoid overeating during meals, but it also may help you eat less calories over the course of the day.
Limiting your snacks to 200 calories each will help you fill up your tummy, keep your brain sharp and body fueled. So fill 'er up. When your stomach is grumblin' and you need something sweet try these delicious noshes that are 200 calories or less.
On the Run:
- 2 tablespoons hummus on 6 whole wheat crackers
- 4 rice cakes and 1 ounce low-fat cheese
Cheap and Easy:
English muffin pizza
- Toast 1/2 whole wheat English muffin, spread with tomato sauce and top with 1 ounce low-fat cheese
- 1 slice whole wheat toast topped with 1/4 cup low-fat cottage cheese sprinkled with cinnamon and topped with 1/2 sliced banana; heat in a toaster oven until warm
Fruit kabobs with yogurt
- Cut up a variety of different types of fresh fruit. Use a toothpick to pick up a piece of fruit and dip into low-fat flavored yogurt
- 1 slice whole wheat bread topped with 2 teaspoons peanut butter and 1/2 sliced banana