Photo Credit: Gina Lee
A buffet made up of nothing but candy? Sign us up! Besides satisfying our sweet tooth, these sugary spreads can also double as festive, affordable baby shower decor.
Here are a few tried-and-true tips to help get you started:
1. Use a variety of candy types and shapes -- individually wrapped, unwrapped with a candy shell (ex. M&M's, Skittles), hard candies, gummy candies, big lollipops, old-fashioned candy sticks, etc.
2. Use containers of different shapes and sizes, and make sure the mouths of the jars are wide enough for guests to reach in and scoop out the candy. My favorite place to shop for affordable apothecary and candy jars is HomeGoods, but you can also find cylinder vases and jars at places like Michaels, Target and Ikea or online.
3. Decorate the containers. Tip: Add a band of coordinating ribbon and/or a candy label to each container. (Little details like these help tie a shower's decor together!)
4. Use filler decor to fill up table space. Place themed decor pieces, like plush dolls, toys, paper lanterns, or framed photos and character prints between the candy jars.
5. Buy candy in bulk and use the buffet as your party favor. Set goodie bags out on the table so guests can fill them and take their candy to-go. A few good places to buy sweets in bulk: Candy Warehouse, A Candy Store, Oh! Nuts and Sweet Factory.
Need inspiration? Check out some examples of adorable candy and dessert buffets.
What treats would include in a candy buffet? Chime in below!