Is your life one big SNEEZE? If allergies are taking over, there’s good news. You don’t have to live in a plastic bubble to breath easier. Just start with the first line of attack -- your bedroom, where millions and millions of dust mites are calling “home, sweet home.”
Here are some “breathe easy” tips:
- Cover mattress, duvet and pillows with hypoallergenic cases. Available at comfortliving.com and other better bed and bath stores.
- Say no to upholstered headboards and chairs. Stick with metal beds and leather chairs.
- Roll up the rug and go for easy-to-clean wooden floors or a decorative floorcloth from floorcloths.net.
- Keep books behind closed cabinet doors, like this vintage case.
- Use an air purifier from selfcare.com.
- Grow anti-pollution plants such as a ficus tree.
- Use all-cotton bedding (which you can buy at eddiebauer.com.
- Use low fragrance floating candles like ours from illuminations.com.
- If you can’t live without a four-legged friend, choose one with easy-to- clean hair like our poodle, Lulu.
Want to know more? Check out our Sneeze-Free Do's and Don'ts.