Whether you need to apply for an extension or require step-by-step directions for filing out all your tax forms, the IRS can be a great source of information. After all, if anyone knows about taxes, they do.
- For general information about filing personal tax returns, visit the Individuals section of the IRS Website.
- Download forms directly from the IRS Website.
- Learn how to file for an automatic extension.
- Get contact information for your local IRS office from this map.
- To get tax forms by mail, call the IRS at 800-829-3676.
- You can find most forms at post offices, public libraries or local IRS offices.
- For help with tax questions, call the IRS toll-free tax line: 800-829-1040.