If you’re planning to take mom for an afternoon tea on Mother’s Day, and you live in the New York area, make a reservation at Gordon Ramsay's The London Bar.
Afternoon Tea service for two comes with scones, strawberry jam and chantilly crème, freshly cut tea sandwiches, a selection of pastries and tarts, and of course the perfect pot of tea.
If don’t plan on being in the Big Apple, but still think mom would love a spot of tea on her special day, surprise her with The London Bar’s tea sandwiches at home:
Roastbeef and Horseradish
- The sirloin of beef is seasoned with salt and pepper then roasted in a 350 degree oven until medium rare (internal temperature should be around 145 degrees).
- Allow it to cool completely, then thinly slice.
- The horseradish cream is made by whipping heavy cream to moderately stiff peaks. Season with salt and pepper and fold in pickled horseradish root to your liking.
- Spread a thin layer of the horseradish cream on wholemeal bread and layer the sliced roastbeef on top. Cut off the crusts and cut into triangles.
Cucumber and Cream Cheese
- English cucumbers are peeled, deseeded, and cut in ribbons. They are then salted and frozen. Once solid, they are rinsed under cold water then drained well to avoid a soggy sandwich.
- The cream cheese spread is a combination of lightly beaten cream cheese, mixed with a little lemon juice, Maldon sea salt, fresh cracked black pepper and vegetable stock to loosen the mix.
- Spread on wholemeal toast and layer the cucumber on top. Cut off the crusts and cut into triangles.
Click here to get more great ideas for a Mother's Day Tea Party at home.