Photo Credit: Getty Images
1. Your daughter can confront the really mean girl
2. She can ask a teacher or counselor for help
3. You can call the really mean girl's parents
4. You can talk to the teacher
5. You can talk to an administrator
There's no easy strategy that guarantees other girls will leave your daughter alone, but that's not the most important goal. The most important goal is that through difficult experiences like these, your daughter creates, maintains, and communicates her personal boundaries to other girls. If she's able to do this, the sting of cruel words will lose their venom and she'll feel stronger and more resilient and proud of herself.
Excerpted from Queen Bees and Wannabes by Rosalind Wiseman. © 2002 by Rosalind Wiseman. Excerpted by permission of Crown, a division of Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.