Photo Credit: Moises De Pena/Getty Images
On last night's Real Housewives of New Jersey, Teresa Giudice's husband Joe surprised her on their anniversary with a giant yellow diamond. He probably should have gone with a Hallmark card, considering the bankrupt family is now auctioning off the entire contents of their (foreclosed) home to pay their substantial debts. On August 22, several hundred of the Giudices' possessions -- from chandeliers to wine-making equipment -- will be sold to the highest bidder, with the money going to pay off creditors. If you've secretly wanted to live like the luxury-loving housewife, here are a few of the items you can vie for:
- A cushy loveseat upholstered (naturally) in leopard print.
- A solid pine kitchen table, which may or may not have been flipped by Teresa in an angry rage.
- A gilt-framed mirror the size of an entire wall.
- Two all terrain vehicles, one of which is listed under "children's toys" -- so it's probably the one Gia got for her birthday earlier this season.
- A pair of his-and-hers gold wedding rings. We hope they're just back-up rings or something, because otherwise....Sad!
We don't see any pizza-making equipment on the list, so hopefully Joe's new business venture is actually panning out. As for Teresa, she's been quiet about the auction, not even mentioning it on her Twitter. But it's clear that she's facing a serious change in lifestyle. At least she still has a job: the Giudices starting over with a new household budget sounds like an excellent way to kick off season 3.
Have you ever had to sell possessions to get out of debt? Chime in below!
Like This? Read These:
- PHOTOS: Bankrupt Celebs: 16 Stars With Cash Crises
- Teresa Guidice: I'm Not Losing My Home
- Real Housewife of NJ Teresa Giudice Is $11M in Debt
- PHOTOS: 10 Rules to Living Like Real Housewives of NJ Star Teresa Giudice