Photo Credit: Mike Yarish/Lifetime Networks
It's a familiar quandary: you hardly have time for social activities, let alone the time to watch all the TV shows people are talking about these days. But behold the TV talking points you'll need, should you find yourself in a social situation and the weather chatter runs its course.
- Rebecca Romijn was this week's guest star on Project Runway. The starstruck designer contestants were thrilled to see her -- until they realized they were to be designing an outfit for her. And that she’s pregnant with twins. Tears -- and bad designs -- ensued.
- Top Chef pitted the men versus the women for this week’s challenge, which didn’t sit well with all of the contestants. In particular, Ashley, a lesbian from Seattle, was not only offended by what she considered an arbitrary grouping of teams, but by the subject of their challenge: a bachelor/bachelorette party. Until everyone can legally marry, she said, she doesn’t support the institution.
- Heidi Montag seemed to borrow heavily from Britney Spears in her performance of her song "Body Language" at the Miss Universe pageant -- right down to the lip-syncing part.
- Kate Gosselin went on Larry King to tell her side of the story, and gained the sympathy of the devilish tabloid scene by announcing that she is "lonely."
- Should you find yourself at a Mad Men viewing party on Sunday, the two important takeaways from last week’s episode: 1) Peggy got some action (but not full-on sex; her boytoy didn’t have a condom) and 2) A very pregnant Betty Draper smoked and/or drank in every single scene she appeared in.