It's so common, it's a cliche: the harried mom, frantically running kids from one event to the next. Are we parents really so busy as it seems? Absolutely, according to a recent Parent Soup poll, which asked, "Do you have enough time for yourself?" A whopping 73.68 percent answered, "No, I yearn for more." Of the remainder, 19.17 percent replied that they had plenty of time and 7.14 percent said that too much is not enough.
What keeps parents so busy? Here's what they had to say:
• "I am constantly running the girls from activity to activity. Even though I am a stay-at-home mom, I still spend much of my time at the schools doing volunteer work, and then after school it's run, run, run just about every day. Also, my parents and my younger brother are staying with us (and have been for two years now), so there is no 'me' time here." --NJgirlKim
• "Now that the kids are older I have more time for myself, [although] I still can't go to the bathroom without somebody knocking on the door." --Unamommer
• "Time? What's that? I never have enough, and when I do, I am too tired to enjoy it." --Celiadelen
• "I have plenty of time for myself. I could always use more, but I can't complain. I like time by myself, so I really enjoy any time I can get." --PollyWaliDoodle
• "I usually have an hour in the morning to myself while my son sleeps. On the downside, he goes to bed late (usually around 11pm) and he doesn't take naps anymore." --SweePea255