Photo Credit: MTV
Are you ready for the third season premiere of MTV's Teen Mom (Tuesday, 10 p.m. ET)? Here's a recap of the show's biggest scandals to remind you why this show is so riveting!
1. In a 2010 episode, Teen Mom viewers watch Amber Portwood punch and shove her baby daddy, Gary Shirley. So do investigators from the Anderson, Ind., police department -- which leads to her being charged with three counts of domestic violence. Child Protective Services also steps in, monitoring Portwood for several months. In February, she makes headlines for nude photos leaked on the Internet. In May, her home is vandalized, and soon thereafter she loses custody of baby Leah to Shirley. Last month, she is rushed to the hospital after an apparent suicide attempt and checks into rehab.
2. Jenelle Evans and her bad influence/boyfriend Kieffer Delp are well acquainted with the police -- and not in a good way. They've been arrested several times, including once in a finale of Teen Mom 2, for breaking and entering, possession of marijuana and possession of paraphernalia. (She's the first Teen Mom to have her mug shot featured in an episode of the show.) You can also watch Evans on a viral video as she beats up Brittany Truett, a romantic rival for Delp. On May 7, she begins a stint at a drug rehab treatment center. Released last month, she's been drama-free and caring for her son, Jace, since then.
3. In January 2010, Farrah Abraham gets in an off-camera argument with her 54-year-old mother Debra Danielson, who allegedly chokes and hits Abraham. Danielson is arrested for assault, and is court-mandated to undergo anger counseling. There is also continuing drama between Abraham and the family of her baby daddy, Derek, who was killed in a car accident a few months before baby Sofia's birth. Abraham doesn't allow Derek's mother, Stormie, to see her grand daughter, because Stormie didn't support their relationship.
4. After much drama over the health of one of their twins, Ali and Aleeah, Leah Messer and Corey Simms get married…and then they get divorced six months later. They are involved in a custody battle over their girls, and both have reportedly moved on to other partners.
5. Early this year, Kim Kardashian blogs about teen pregnancy."It seems that shows like Teen Mom are all of a sudden making teen pregnancy seem cool in the eyes of young girls," she writes. "The kids from these shows are all over the news, even on the covers of magazines, and have been become almost like celebrities, but girls, these are not people you should idolize!"
Ready for a new season with the original cast? We'll be tuning in tonight!