The good news? "The fact that over 20 percent of the toys in our sample didn't contain any chemicals of concern is proof that the toy manufacturers don't need to use any of these toxic chemicals to produce their toys," says Shriberg.
Here are five toys HealthyToys.org tested that had no chemical ingredients at all:
- Star Wars Comic Packs: Star Wars #4 - Luke Skywalker & R2-D2: These Hasbro action figures have no chemicals.
- Decorate Your Own Wooden Fashion Dolls: These Melissa & Doug dolls, which kids can personalize with markers and glitter, were found to be chemical-free.
- Rub-a-Dub Baby Bath Friends: Alex Company's bath toys were found to have no chemicals.
- Go Diego Go Animal Rescue Railway: This Fisher-Price action figure and train set was found to be virtually chemical-free.
- Let's Play Together Puppet Play Monkey: This Playskool plush toy poses no chemical risk at all.
For more on child-safe toys: