A well-trained dog equals a happy family. Join in as we learn basic commands and solve behavior problems.
Step One: Speak the Same Language
In order to train your pet, it's important to learn his language.
• Remember that all animals learn by association
• Put a beginning and an end on your requests
• Be careful about what you teach your animal unintentionally
• Have high expectations of your dog, but be sure they're reasonable ones
• Discover facts about the way animals learn before you begin training
Step Two: Teach the Basics
Once you have successfully taught your dog how you would like him to behave, he will become a joyful member of your family.
• Teach your dog to come when called
• Teach your dog to sit and stay
• Teach your dog to drop an object
• Teach your dog not to jump up on you
• Learn how to correct your dog
• Learn why rewarding good behavior is key
• Plus, discover why dog-friendly training is always successful.
Step Three: Walk with Manners
We've all seen people whose dogs were clearly taking them for a walk rather than the other way around. Make walking your dog a pleasure instead of a chore with these simple training tips:
• Keep your walks stress-free
• Discover motives for leash pulling
• Prevent fights with rival dogs while you are out on a walk
Step Four: Eliminate Anxiety
Does your dog become stressed when you prepare to leave the house? You can calm his fears.
• The facts on canine separation anxiety
• Discover the root of crying and whining
• Learn why destructive behavior occurs while you're away
• Find out how to leave your dog at home without the drama