Photo Credit: Getty Images
University of Houston psychologists investigating why men keep things bottled up found it was to maintain power in a relationship
Men don't want to talk about the relationship. They just want to do it (in his mind, if he didn't love you, he'd leave). Here's how he thinks: "If we need to talk about the relationship, it must be broken. If it's broken, it means it's doomed. I'm outta here."
A man will say, "I'm fine," even when being tortured by Zulu warriors. It's in his nature not to reveal weakness because that betrays vulnerability, which comes off as lack of status, according to research by evolutionary psychologist David Buss. In short, he's worried you'll think he's a weed if he can't solve his problems without his Superwoman girlfriend coming to his aid.
How to Know He Loves You
There are certain words his tongue seems to trip over
- Lets you drive his car (especially his new SUV)
- Assumes you're spending the weekend together
- Introduces you to his friends
- Stops wearing his "If you're not wasted, the day is" T-shirt, because he knows you hate it
- Calls for absolutely no reason
- Wants to talk after sex