Curse your dateless weekends no more. The trick to spending a satisfying Saturday night alone is simple: Be your own date, but be the very best date you've ever had. Take charge of treating yourself right! These 10 tips will get you started:
1. Realize that it's his loss that he hasn't found you yet.
2. Clean a closet, drawer or file. Never underestimate the power of creating order. External order breeds internal order.
3. Cook a fabulous meal. Set the table. Light candles. Enjoy your company. Thank your lucky stars that you are not out with a pompous bore.
4. Work out. Strength begets strength.
5. Paint a room. Transform your home into an oasis. If this project seems too daunting, start small. Buy big, fluffy towels in your favorite color.
6. Take a candlelight bubble bath. Drink champagne while you're doing it. Pink lemonade will do, as long as you drink it from elegant stemware.
7. Sign up for a class -- make sure it's fascinating. Knowledge is a wonderful thing.
8. Rent a classic movie. Make popcorn. Watch the movie in the dark and pretend you're in a real movie theatre, minus the person with the really big hair sitting directly in front of you.
9. Light candles, listen to beautiful music, read a great book. Maybe it's time for War and Peace.
10. Don't project. You will only be dateless for the rest of your life if you think you will be. Instead, live in the moment and start with this one. A series of positive moments add up to a great life, man or no man.