Photo Credit: HBO
Vampires, werewolves, murder and mystery. Could we ask for anything more? Find out what stood out as the most buzzworthy moments on Sunday's season 3 premiere of HBO's True Blood.
5. In what’s sure to be an interesting development, vampire Bill (Stephen Moyer) finds himself in Mississippi, where first he feeds on a senile old woman. Very unlike him, but at least he’s gentle about it. Then he finds himself surrounded by a pack of wolves. Could they be werewolves?
4. It’s Jason Stackhouse’s (Ryan Kwanten) dream come true: a threesome with two fancy-pants New York co-eds. Only he can’t, ahem, perform (he’s too worried about that little murder he committed -- remember, he killed Tara’s boyfriend Eggs (Mehcad Brooks) in the season 2 finale? -- and just keeps seeing these lovely ladies with bullet holes in their heads). When they ask what’s the matter, he finally tells them the truth, literally saying, “I just keep seeing you two with bullet holes in your heads,” which, uh, ends that fantasy right there and then.
3. Sam Merlotte’s (Sam Trammell) on the hunt for his roots: He’s headed down to Arkansas looking for the Mickens clan, who are apparently bad news. And he thinks he’s found his brother Tommy (Marshall Allman.) But Tommy doesn’t want to be found. In the meantime, he has a sex dream about vampire Bill! Hope they plan to explore more of that!
2. Vampire Eric Northman (Alexander Skarsgard) gets dissed and dismissed by the Vampire Queen, played by a very sassy Evan Rachel Wood. Reeor! Nobody talks to Eric that way. Usually. But it works. Queenie doesn’t want the other vampire powers-that-be to find out that she’s the one who made Eric go into the business of selling V, vampire blood, a human aphrodisiac.
1. Okay, here’s the one you’ve been waiting for. Eric showing off his bare assets. Sookie Stackhouse (Anna Paquin), wearing Bill’s engagement ring, tries to file a missing person’s report on her MIA boyfriend. When she can’t do that, she heads to Fangtasia, demanding to see Eric. And see Eric she does. Buck naked, from head-to-toe, going at it with another human. But the real scene-stealer here is Kristin Bauer van Straten as sidekick Pam, tries unenthusiastically to stop Sookie from walking on Eric and his human prey. Her deadpan protests are so understatedly charming, you've got to give the girl credit.
What did you think of the True Blood season premiere? Chime in below!