Here's an easy way to give pizzazz to your Thanksgiving leftovers without much effort. If you're going the extra mile and making turkey broth, use it in place of the chicken stock.
Credit: Wen Zientek
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup cracked wheat bulgur
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 1/4 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup diced cooked turkey
- 1/4 cup nuts, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon dried mint
- Salt and pepper to taste
Saute the mushrooms, bulgur and onion in the oil until the onion is tender and the bulgur is golden brown.
Add the stock and bring to boil. Simmer, covered, for about 20 minutes, or until all of the stock is absorbed and the bulgur is tender. Add the turkey, nuts, parsley, lemon juice, mint and salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot.
Is your old pepper mill not grinding the way it used to? Shop for a pepper mill.
Serve This Dish With:
- Cream of Pumpkin Curry Soup
- Romaine Salad with Warm Brie Dressing
- Blacksmith Inn Cranberry Cream Cheese Muffins