Photo Credit: Getty Images
- Isolate yourself at home.
- Depend on drugs or alcohol.
- Blame yourself or your partner for feelings of stress.
- Try to be a Supermom, striving to cope with everything all alone.
- Sacrifice fun and enjoyment for the sake of perfect efficiency.
- Use your "sacred time" to do chores, errands or grocery shopping.
- Expect your needs to be magically met without asking.
- And DON'T GIVE UP!
Reprinted with permission from Twin Services, Parent Education Series 200: #230, 1986. This article may be printed out for personal use but may not be reproduced in any other manner, including electronic, without prior written consent from Twin Services. For more information, call 510-524-0863.