--Excerpted from Unavailable
If you've ever felt as if you were wearing a ''Kick Me!'' sign on your heart, you are not alone. But there is a solution for finding that ever-elusive, happily-ever-after love you've been craving: becoming unavailable. Time and time again, a woman who makes herself unavailable (socially, emotionally, sexually, intectually, geographically or any combination) finds herself reeling in men from virtually all over the planet. It's as if she were emitting a powerful scent that men can smell from miles away -- even from another coast. Once you start applying this philosophy, you may just find yourself surrounded by nice men ... or (even better) that sexier, more dangerous kind that you really want.
1. Don't fake orgasm, but do fake Call Waiting. Multiple Call Waiting. Let him know you're a woman in demand, not a demanding woman.
2. Women take longer than men to get ready for parties. Men take longer to get ready for relationships. Neither like to be rushed. Don't be in a hurry to unpack your emotional baggage. Always travel light into a relationship.
3. Be mysterious and vague about your time apart. Learn to use the androgynous ''my friend'' or the nondescript ''they'' when describing whomever else you spend time with. Your man need never know that ''my friend'' + ''they'' = ''my mother.''
4. If you ever want to hear ''I do,'' you have to say a few ''I don'ts.'' The harder you are to win sexually, the bigger your estimated prize value. Yes, unfortunately, even in this modern age, no man wants to belong to a club that has touched it's member. It's the ol' Dr. Ejaculate/Mr. Hide Syndrome. So always adhere to the three-date-minimum rule for sex. And keep in mind that men have a three-date maximum. Note: to enhance sexual willpower, don't shave armpits or legs for a few days before a date with a hunky guy ... unless he's European.
5. As an unavailable woman, you must always remain a it out of reach, leaving him wanting more. This means leaving parties while your belle-of-the-ball curve is on the upswing, and ending all phone conversations before they've reached their full-throttle fun. In fact, consider getting off the phone before you've even finished your ...
Want to learn the rest of Karen's sexy secrets? Check out the Unavailable book and perfume package, which IS available at Anthropology stores nationwide (call 800-309-2500).